Quick Facts about our Scholarship Program
- Applicants must be either a high school student or a high school graduate
- Applicants must be attending an accredited undergraduate school, technical school, or community college in the United States in the Fall. Graduate students are not eligible.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in STEM field (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Applicants must have a demonstrated learning challenge (disability) of dyslexia or similar reading and/or language-based disability. Dyscalculia, dysgraphia, ADHD, or autism without also a dyslexia diagnosis do not qualify.
Resources required for completing the application
- Personal email address (not a school email address)
- Documentation of your learning challenge such as a 504, IEP or one-page letter from a teacher or counselor (new applicants only)
- Most recent transcript, showing the previous term’s classes; official or unofficial
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, other school personnel, or reading specialist, who knows you well and can speak to your challenges and successes relative to your learning challenge. (If someone needs to upload the letter of recommendation on your behalf, be sure to allow enough time for that.)
- January 1, 2024 – application opens
- February 25, 2024 – application closes at 11:59 pm Mountain Time
- May 31, 2024 – scholarship awards are announced
- Summer 2024 – scholarships are paid out
Apply for Scholarship
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online via SM Apply. Access SM Apply via the button below.
See the application questions before starting your application:
You may want to see the list of questions on the application before getting started in SM Apply. This will allow you to prepare your answers in Word or similar word pressor and then paste them into the application in SM Apply.
- If you have not received our scholarship before: Click here to see the list of questions before applying.
- If you have received our scholarship before: Email us at email@example.com to receive the list of the questions before applying.