Quick Facts about our Scholarship Program
- Applicants must be (1) either a high school student or a post-high school student, (2) who will be attending an accredited undergraduate school, technical school, or community college in the United States in the Fall of 2022. Graduate students are not eligible.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in STEM field (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Applicants must have a demonstrated learning challenge (disability) of dyslexia or similar reading and/or language-based disability .
- Our scholarship application process is online utilizing the SM Apply program.
- Resources required for completing the application:
- Personal email address (not a school email address)
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, other school personnel, or reading specialist, who knows you well and can speak to your challenges and successes relative to your learning challenge. (If someone needs to upload the letter of recommendation on your behalf, be sure to allow enough time for that.)
- Documentation of your learning challenge such as a 504, IEP or one-page letter from a teacher or counselor
- Most recent transcript, official or unofficial
- January 1, 2023 – application opens
- February 26, 2023 – application closes at 11:59 pm Mountain Time.
- May 31, 2023 – scholarship awards are announced
- Summer 2023 – scholarships are paid out
Apply for Scholarship
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted via SM Apply.
Click Here for a sample 2022 application for new applicants.
If you are a repeat applicant, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a list of the questions.
You may wish to prepare your answers in Word or similar word processor and then paste them into the application in SM Apply.