2021 Scholarship Application
- Scholarships are awarded annually in the amount of $500 to $2,500
- Historically, approximately 20% of applicants are awarded a scholarship.
- Awardees may apply the scholarship funds towards the following:
- Assistive technology
- Other resources required to obtain accommodations
- Applicants must be either a high school student or a post-high school student, who will be attending an accredited undergraduate school, technical school, or community college in the United States in the Fall of 2021. Graduate students are not eligible.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in STEM field (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Applicants must have a demonstrated learning challenge (disability) of dyslexia or similar reading and/or language-based disability .
- Our scholarship application process is online utilizing the SM Apply program.
- Resources required for completing the application:
- Personal email address (not a school email address)
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, other school personnel, or reading specialist, who knows you well and can speak to your challenges and successes relative to your learning challenge.
- Documentation of your learning challenge such as a 504, IEP or one-page letter from a teacher or counselor
- Most recent transcript, official or unofficial
- January 1, 2021: application program opens
- March 17, 2021: application program closes at noon
- May 31, 2021: applicants are notified on their request for a scholarship no later than this date
- Summer 2021: scholarships are paid out for Fall 2021
All applications must be submitted via SM Apply. Click Here for a sample application so you know what questions are being asked before you start your online application.Click to access Scholarship Application
Please contact us with any questions at.