- Scholarships are awarded annually in the amount of $500 to $2,500
- In 2019, approximately 20% of applicants were awarded a scholarship.
- Awardee may apply the scholarship towards the following:
- Assistive technology
- Other resources required to obtain accommodations
- High school or college student
- Pursing a degree in STEM field (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Have a demonstrated learning challenge (disability) of dyslexia, dysgraphia and/or dyscalculia
- Our scholarship application process is online utilizing the SM Apply program. A link to our application program will be posted here once the application window opens.
- Resources required for completing the application:
- Email address
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor or other school personnel
- Documentation of your learning challenge such as a 504, IEP or one-page letter from a teacher or counselor
- Most recent transcript, official or unofficial
- January 2, 2020: application program opens
- March 13, 2020: application program closes
- May 31, 2020: applicants are notified on their request for a scholarship no later than this date
- Summer 2020: scholarships are paid out for Fall 2020
Please contact us with any questions you have regarding the application process or scholarship eligibility at .